A romantic honeymoon getaway in the hills of Sri Lanka with overnight stays at the most romantic hillside accommodations.
This is a carefully crafted honeymoon expedition through Sri Lanka’s dreamy hillside, perfect for those looking for a quiet retreat. This exclusive package features cosy and luxurious accommodations, romantic walks through lush forests, nature tours and the most breathtaking scenery imaginable. Be inspired by the grandeur of the Knuckles mountain range; add a splash of colour to your honeymoon with a trip to the unique hill capital of Kandy; visit Sri Lanka’s very own Little England and take a romantic train ride to the cosy heights of Ella in what promises to be a fairytale-like honeymoon experience.
Day 01 Bandaranaike International Airport – Colombo
Upon your arrival you will be whisked away to the beautiful and tranquil Casa Heliconia just a few kilometres away from the heart of Colombo. Recharge your batteries at this luxurious establishment which focuses on giving you privacy and providing a taste of rural Sri Lanka.
- An ideal retreat for those seeking a private getaway from the busy streets of the city. Its stylised pavilions come with its own terrace with ample living space. Decorated with both western and eastern antiques, the rooms are designed for comfort and romance.
- Suite option – The Temple Angkor Suite was designed with the jungle temples of Cambodia in mind. It comes with its own kitchen area and even an outdoor space for a BBQ. Food will be prepared on an open fire and served to guests in their private terrace.
Day 02 Colombo – Knuckles
On your second day in Sri Lanka, you will be taken to the heart of its gorgeous hill country where breathtaking mountains and beautiful waterfalls are aplenty. Surrounded by the awe-inspiring Knuckles mountain range, you will stay at the charming Sir John’s Bungalow where you can relax and enjoy a few days in the cool and cosy climate of the hills.
Sir John’s Bungalow
- Once the holiday home of former Prime Minister Sir John Kotelawala, this delightful bungalow was built during the British colonial rule. Located within the Knuckles Conservation Project in Riverston, the bungalow has retained all its natural beauty. Enjoy romantic candlelit dinners and a comfy room decorated specially for you.
- Suite option – The Riverston Suiteis complete with stylish teak floors, window seats which look out into the misty mountains and stunning gardens, as well as other luxuries including a four-legged cast iron bathtub.
Day 03 Knuckles
You have the whole day to explore the beautiful hill country of Sri Lanka. Take a romantic walk into the fantastical forests that surround these areas to catch a glimpse at the host of exotic birds and mammals that live here. You could even take a bike ride along some of the popular forest paths to create your own romantic adventure in the hills.
Day 04 Knuckles
You have another day dedicated to relaxing before you leave this mountainous haven. Spend your day lounging in the bungalow midst the beautiful scenery or head out again to do more exploring. Visit the mini World’s End or learn more about traditional Sri Lanka with a visit to the Meemure village.
Day 05 Knuckles - Kandy
On the fifth day of your Sri Lankan honeymoon, you will be taken to Sri Lanka’s hill capital Kandy. Rooted deeply in Buddhism and history, Kandy offers some of the most beautiful cultural experiences available in the country. You will get a chance to check out all the cultural attractions of this colourful city during your stay. You will be staying at a gorgeous colonial-style boutique hotel Taylors Hill where you can once again look forward to a few days of pampering.Taylors Hill Kandy
- Built by a British planter over a century ago, the hotel sits in acres of beautiful lawns and gardens. Along with a stunning infinity pool, the hotel also offers walking trails, fishing and a tour of an operational tea factory. Enjoy poolside candlelit dinners, a romantic picnic with a view as well as a gift pack from the Kandy store.
- Suite option – The Pattiyagama Suite comes with a breathtaking view of the gardens and countryside. The suite is spacious with handpicked furnishings and an open fireplace to set the perfect mood.
Day 06 Kandy
This day has been set aside for you to explore Kandy city and get a better understanding of its culture and tradition. Visit the Temple of the Tooth Relic, which is said to house the tooth of Lord Buddha, and explore the charming botanical gardens in Peradeniya. You will even be able to catch a tour of the tea museum.
Day 07 Kandy
Day seven will be set aside once again for total relaxation. Explore your surrounding at your leisure or spend the day at the hotel making use of all the recreational activities it offers. You could even opt to do a photo shoot in full traditional Kandyan garb or attend a special cultural show in the evening to get an idea of the Kandyan art scene.
Day 08 Kandy - Nuweara Eliya
Next up in your romantic honeymoon getaway is a transfer to Nuwara Eliya, fondly called Little England in Sri Lanka. Full of rustic colonial beauty and grace, this hilly refuge is one of the dreamiest settings on the island. You will stay at the elegant Langdale by Amaya which is nestled cosily amidst the misty hills; perfect for a day of repose.
Langadale by Amaya
- This serene hotel offers a stunning view of Nuwara Eliya’s breathtaking sights including misty mountain peaks and cascading waterfalls. You will be greeted with complementary fruit baskets, cookies and chocolate-covered strawberries. You can enjoy a private breakfast in your own room overlooking the Somerset tea estate and candlelit dinners in your space of choice.
- Suite option – Superior Rooms will offer you and even more luxurious experience with its spacious living areas and view that is second to none.
Day 09 Nuwara Eliya
You will be taken on an exclusive tour of nearby Horton Plains which is home to a stunning list of birds and beasts. The perfect retreat for nature lovers, Horton Plains offers an unparalleled look at some of the most exotic endemic, migratory and resident birds in Sri Lanka. It is also populated by sambar deer, monkeys and elk. This is your chance to add a little adventure into the mix with a nature trail like no other.
Day 10 Nuwara Eliya
Today will be dedicated to visiting the various attractions in Nuwara Eliya. This city is full of colonial-style architecture and is brimming with its own unique sights and sounds. You will be able to take a paddle boat ride on Gregory Lake and visit Victoria Park. You could even ride a horse or visit the Haggala Botanical Garden during the day.
Day 11 Nuwara Eliya - Ella
Take a romantic train ride up to Ella from the Nanu Oya station. Ella’s classic romantic setting will serve as the perfect final chapter of this epic journey through Sri Lanka’s hills. You will be checked into the lovely 98 Acres Resort & Spa where you can spend a few days getting lost in romance.
98 Acres Resort & Spa
This resort is made up of carefully designed chalets that demonstrate the essence of comfort and serenity. You will be welcomed with a fruit platter as well as a special honeymoon cake. Your cosy chalet will be decorated to suit the mood and candlelit dinners await you in the evenings.
Suite option – Each chalet opens up to a scenic view of the misty mountain peaks and is equipped with all modern amenities that will guarantee a luxurious experience.
Day 12 Ella
A relaxed day where you will be able to go on a short excursion to visit some of the popular tourist sites in Ella. This includes the Little Adam’s Peak, the Halpewatte tea factory and the grand Ravana Ella Falls. You will also be able to see the breathtaking Ella Gap waterfall and stand on the Ella Rock before heading back to the hotel.
Day 13 Ella
A full day of relaxation awaits you before you head back home. Enjoy all the luxuries of the hotel including the spa where you can treat yourself to calming massages and spa treatments. Pamper and invigorate yourself as you enjoy a final day in this haven.
Day 14 Departure
After breakfast you will be transferred to Colombo in time for your flight back, bringing to an end an unforgettable romantic adventure through Sri Lanka’s gorgeous hills.
- END OF PROGRAMME –