A comprehensive but comfortably-phased 13 night / 14 day wildlife expedition in Sri Lanka designed for honeymooners looking for a wildlife adventure. Overnight stays at the most romantic accommodations. All breakfasts, five lunches, seven dinners, scheduled safaris, walks with naturalists and a dedicated chauffeur included.
A well-paced but comprehensive wildlife expedition in Sri Lanka, featuring handpicked accommodationsperfectly suited for honeymooning couples. Exciting safaris, romantic walks in the arms of nature as well as stunning waterways and breathtaking beaches are all part of this exclusive package. Explore the mesmerising national parks of Sri Lanka, be inspired by the romance of its hill country and lounge along its golden shores as you kick off one of life’s greatest adventures by embarking on an authentic wildlife adventure in some of the world’s most fascinating locations.
Day 01 Airport –Waikkal(B)
Your private chauffeur will whisk you away from the airport in Katunayake to the beautiful Ranweli Holiday Village just 45 minutes away. Enjoy a romantic candlelit dinner and an overnight stay at this beachside haven while treating yourself to a sensual ayurvedic massage. Take a moment to soak up the sun on its golden beaches before heading out on your wild adventure together.
Ranweli Holiday Village
- Nestled between the golden beach and a scenic river, Ranweli Holiday Village is a gorgeous and tranquil haven boasting architecture that blends perfectly with the surrounding natural beauty. Enjoy cosy accommodations which are specially decorated for you and a complementary fruit platter upon arrival while you can also spoil yourself with the ayurvedic treatments on offer.
Day 02 Waikkal –Wilpattu (B/D)
A tranquil birding boat trail has been set up for you along the waterways surrounding the hotel. Enjoy the exotic serenading of the numerous species of birds found here while basking in the aura of romance which trickles from the mangroves that shelter these famous waterways. You will then be transferred to the Big Game Camp at the Wilpattu National Park where the levels of adventure will be turned up a notch.
Mahoora Tented Safari Camp Wilpattu
- Enjoy authentic Sri Lankan tented camping at the Big Game Camp Wilpattu where you will be welcomed with garlands and a refreshing beverage as well as a complimentary bottle of wine. Dine under the heavens and enjoy your overnight stay in a luxurious tent with its own attached bathrooms. In the evening, you will be offered a complementary nature trail with the resident naturalist.
Day 03 Wilpattu (B/L/D)
Embark on a full-day safari at one of the island’s most renowned wildlife parks which boast the likes of the leopard, elephants and sloth bears. Enjoy a dreamy candle-lit dinner at the camp following which you can even take a quiet night walk together with the resident naturalist to learn about the jungle night life.
Day 04 Wilpattu(B/L/D)
The adventure continues with a second safari in this wild refuge. Enjoy the virgin appeal of some of the park’s more secluded areas and catch a glimpse of its numerous species of endemic birds, mammals and flora. The park offers immeasurable excitement for adventurous couples who appreciate the beauty and romance of nature.
Day 05 Wilpattu–Kandy(B)
After an early breakfast you will be transferred to the cosy hill capital of Kandy. A city steeped in history and mystery, Kandy is the perfect spot to get in touch with your spirituality along this romantic journey. Get away from the busy streets of the city with an overnight stay at the quiet and peaceful Samadhi Centre.
Between August and September, you will instead be transferred to Habarana where you can explore the Minneriya National Park where herds of magnificent elephants and their adorable calves can be seen.
- The Samadhi Centre offers you the perfect tonic for spiritual and physical rejuvenation with yoga and meditation sessions as well as ayurvedic massages. Enjoy a 360 degree view of the mountains and forest in our romantic mountain pavilion where you room will be decorated in flowers as well as a complimentary bottle of wine.
Day 06 Kandy (B)
Take pleasure in the cool and cosy climate of the hills with anearly-morning nature trail or pamper yourselves with the Samadhi Centre’s more indulgent services. Recharge your batteries and gear up for the next leg of your romantic escapade with relaxing ayurvedic treatment.
Day 07 Kandy –Udawalawe(B/D)
Start your day early with a visit to the Udawalawe Elephant Transit Home where some of Sri Lanka’s most important elephant conservation efforts are undertaken. The sight of these glorious creatures will warm your heart as will the wonderful work done by the conservationists. You will then be taken to the Big Game Tented Camp in Udawalawe to once again experience authentic Sri Lankan camping and the passion it inspires.
Mahoora Tented Safari Camp Udawalawe
- An experience in Sri Lankan tented camping at the Big Game Camp in Udawalawe where you will be treated to a complimentary bottle of wine and a romantic dinner beneath a canopy of stars as well as the luxuries of a comfortable lavish tent with its own attached bathroom.
Day 08 Udawalawe (B/L/D)
You will come to know why Udawalawe is known as one of the best places in the world to see elephants as herds can be easily spotted on safari. Enjoy an intimate look at Udawalawe’s plethora of land and avian species with a safari in its esteemed national park. You can even opt for an evening safari before a lovely dinner under the stars back at the camp.
Day 09 Udawalawe– Bundala – Yala(B/L/D)
Next up in your wild honeymoon adventure is the Bundala National Park which serves as an internationally important wintering ground for migratory birds. The numerous crocodiles that call this place home will add even more excitement to your experience.
We will also take you on a safari at the Yala National Park which is the best place to see leopards. You will be transferred to the Big Game Camp in Yala for the evening.
Mahoora Tented Safari Camp Yala
- Big Game Camp Yala shoulders the beautiful national park and provides an exciting venue for an adventure. You will be greeted with a welcome drink and flower garlands while enjoying luxurious tented accommodations, romantic dinner settings and a complimentary bottle of wine.
Day 10 Yala(B/L/D)
Explore Yala in all its glory with a day safari that will provide copious amounts of picture-perfect moments for you and your partner. A romantic dinner will be prepared for you back at the campsite while couples who feel extra adventurous can do a night walk in search of the nocturnal creatures that inhabit the area.
Day 11 Yala– Mirissa(B)
It’s time to leave the jungle adventures behind and head down to the coast. You will be taken to the coastal town of Mirissa, which is renowned for its breathtaking beaches and its warm ocean waters. The Imagine Villa Hotel, where you will stay, is a treasured haven for honeymooners and provides the perfect ambience for a relaxing and passionate experience.
Imagine Villa Hotel
- The hotel provides you a romantic honeymoon suite, complete with a gorgeous ocean view and a Jacuzzi situated close to the beach. Enjoy a complimentary bottle of wine as well as fruit platters and a romantic candlelit dinner.
Day 13 Mirissa(B)
Another day dedicated to relaxation. Laze around on the sandy beaches and swim in the warm ocean waters of Mirissa. Refresh your body, mind and soul with a complete day of rest, to recuperate from your adventures and prepare for the many adventures that lie ahead.
Day 14 Mirissa – Airport
On the last day of the tour, you will be transported back to the airport in time to catch your flight back home. Take home with you an inspiring honeymoon experience unlike any other, which will strengthen your bond and provide you with memories for life.
- END OF PROGRAMME –